Resources to help you in your new career with Georgia Southern.
Employee Development, Learning, & Training
Eagle Leadership Program
- The Eagle Leadership Program is an 11-month leadership course designed for faculty and staff and coordinated by Human Resources. The program is focused on developing leaders, creating an environment to promote University relations and collaboration among University leaders. Candidates are nominated by Georgia Southern’s divisional vice presidents for their dedication, leadership skills and potential professional growth. The program honors new scholars at their November capstone graduation.Throughout the course, participants are involved or take part in the following topics/events:
- Employment Law
- High Impact Leadership
- Improving Communication Skills
- Practical Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Developing People: Coaching, Counseling, and Training
- Handling Conflict and Criticism and/or Building Trust and Teambuilding
- Personality and Leadership Traits
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities
- President’s Cabinet roundtable discussions
The program is aimed at identifying, informing and investing in future university leaders while creating opportunities to collaborate with other leaders on campus. Participants are nominated by their Vice President and selected by the Eagle Leadership Committee.
Tuition Assistance Program for Classroom Courses
- Tuition Assistance Program eligibility after 6th Months
Enroll in college courses and gain credit towards a degree. After an employee has completed their 6th month probationary period, the USG provides tuition assistance for college credits per semester. Take course in business, psychology, computer science and more. Click here to learn more about the T.A.P. Benefit.
Organizational Training and Development
- Organizational Development at Georgia Southern
Georgia Southern offers employees various courses on employee development such as Legal Bootcamp, Supervisor Training, PeopleMapping Communication Styling, and more. For a complete list of current offerings, click the FACE TO FACE training link in the bottom right hand corner of your MY Georgia Southern portal page. Note: You must have an EAGLE ID and Password to sign into the MYGeorgiaSouthern portal.
Building a Better U eLearning Module
Building a Better U offers training courses to certification preparation, videos to jobs aids, and quick references to customized courses. Professional development just got easier with the help of our e-Learning System. There are now over 33,000 eBooks and videos that accompany over 6,000 FREE courses. Building a Better U is found in your MyGeorgiaSouthern portal. Note that new employees might experience up to a 1 week delay before being registered in BBU.
- Find mandatory training like FACULTY AND STAFF COMPLIANCE;
- Find safety training for your job;
- Find development training on computer programs (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), computer coding and more;
- Take course work towards your Six Sigma, SPHR, and other professional certificates;
- Learn to work with difficult people, become a better communicator, and how to set yourself up for success.
Last updated: 2/14/2017