The purpose of the Georgia Southern University Staff Council is to participate in the process of University governance by acting in an advisory capacity to the President and Chief Human Resources Officer about issues that affect and concern staff as well as the general welfare of the University. The Council strives to be a voice in decision making, promote the development and recognition of staff and supports the mission of Georgia Southern University.
Staff Council is a collective voice for those who work in non-faculty employee roles. We support a variety of activities and initiatives to improve the quality of life and effectiveness of the university’s dedicated and valuable staff. The Council has set the following goals:
- Increase awareness and function of Staff Council to the campus community.
- Facilitate opportunities for staff to give back to the local community through service.
- Promote an atmosphere where staff invest in themselves by increasing their knowledge, improving their work experience and quality of life.
- Increase collaboration and communication between faculty, staff and administration.
- Enhance camaraderie of staff through social and professional development events.