Committees and Representatives
Staff Council Representatives
Staff Council Committees
There are 7 standing committees established in the Staff Council Bylaws. Every Staff Council Representative must participate on at least one of these committees. Ad hoc committees are created by the Council as the need arises. Any staff member may participate as a non-voting member of a committee.
- By-Laws Committee – This committee writes and submits any amendments and/or revisions of the By-laws to the Staff Council.
- Communications Committee – This committee is responsible for the Staff Council website and communication as needed to Staff Council representatives and staff members across campus on behalf of Staff Council. Committee communications are under final approval of the Staff Council officers.
- Staff Morale Committee – This committee conducts staff surveys, organize town hall meetings and submits recommendations to upper administration to increase awareness of staff concerns, needs, and attitudes and implements plans to improve and provide opportunities to for the enhancement of staff work environments and quality of life on campus.
- Employee Wellness Committee – This committee looks for opportunities to enhance staff well-being. Research is done on other USG institutions to ensure any disparity is addressed. We look for ways to advocate for staff to have a positive work-life environment in order to ensure a healthy workforce.
- Staff Service & Merit Award Committee – Staff Council accepts nominations from staff, faculty, and students for staff demonstrating outstanding accomplishments beyond their normal duties
- Fundraising & Outreach Committee – This committee is responsible for organizing all Staff Council fundraising activities and coordinating all outreach events
- Scholarship Committee – This committee supports staff employees and their dependent children by allocating financial support raised by the Fundraising Committee for use toward higher education. The Committee publicizes the Staff Council scholarships, receives and evaluates applications based on financial need and academic performance, and makes awards based upon availability of funds.
Last updated: 11/15/2017