OneUSG Connect Benefits
INTRODUCTION TO EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE
On June 26, 2017, we are introducing two new ways to access your health and group benefits:
- OneUSG Connect – Benefits: This new, secure website will provide you with 24/7 access to your USG benefits — all year long.
- OneUSG Connect – Benefits Call Center: You will be able to get expert help with your benefits through the convenience of a toll-free telephone number 1-844-587-4236.
The new website and call center will replace the way you currently enroll for benefits, update your benefits due to life status changes, and review your current benefit elections.
View this video tutorial to learn more about the new Benefits Administration website.
HOW DO I ACCESS ONEUSG CONNECT – BENEFITS?
OneUSG Connect – Benefits website: secure, online access to your benefits
The new OneUSG Connect – Benefits website makes it easy for you to get benefits information whenever you would like. You can:
- Review current benefits coverage.
- Make benefit changes due to a life event (such as the birth of a child or a marriage).
- Find doctors, hospitals or other healthcare providers in your plan’s network.
- Keep track of healthcare expenses (including deductibles, coinsurance and copayments).
- Contact insurance carriers and other benefit resources.
There are two easy ways to reach the OneUSG Connect – Benefits website:
- Access OneUSG Connect – Benefits via the Manage My Benefits links in the new USG Faculty and Staff portal at http://OneUSGConnect.usg.edu. Select “Active USG Employees – Single Sign On”.
- You will also have easy, secure access to the OneUSG Connect – Benefits website through the OneUSG Connect application. Once you access OneUSG Connect, click the drop down in the top center, select “Benefits,” and finally select “Manage Your Benefits.” If you access the OneUSG Connect – Benefits website directly from OneUSG Connect you won’t have to log in again.
During your first visit to the new OneUSG Connect – Benefits website, please:
- Review and confirm your contact information, dependents and beneficiaries.
- Explore the resources and features, since they will help you understand and make the most of your USG benefits.
The University System of Georgia (USG) is committed to offering quality benefits, as well as making it as easy as possible for you to use them. As a result, on June 26, the USG introduced a new benefits administration system for employees, retirees, spouses and their survivors. Rest assured your 2017 benefits and premiums are not changing. As always, you can change your benefits when you experience a life event, as well as during the next annual Open Enrollment period this fall.
What does this mean for you?
You now have two new ways to access and manage your USG benefits (retiree dental, vision, life insurance or pre-65 healthcare coverage).
- The OneUSG Connect – Benefits website. This new, secure website will allow you to view information on your USG benefits all year long. You can also visit this website to keep your personal contact information and your beneficiaries up to date. To access visit connect-benefits.usg.edu. On the USG Faculty & Staff Portal home page, click the Manage My Benefits – USG Retirees link.
- OneUSG Connect – Benefits Call Center: You’ll get help with your benefits through the convenience of a toll-free telephone number (844) 587-4236. You can speak to an expert benefits representative from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Do you have Aon Retiree Health Exchange coverage?
The transition to the new USG benefits administration system will not affect your Aon Retiree Health Exchange coverage. If you have Aon Retiree Health Exchange coverage, you should continue to contact your dedicated Benefits Advisor whenever you have questions about your Aon Retiree Health Exchange coverage.
If you have USG benefits (retiree dental, vision, life insurance or pre-65 healthcare), there will be a change in the billing process. To get started, download this step-by-step guide to set up your direct debit. This is important even if you had been using direct debit.
What about payment deadlines?
The due date for your July payment will be deferred until August 1. That means that your payment for July and August coverage will be due August 1.
- If you are able to provide banking information between June 26 and July 9, your July and August coverage will be paid by direct debit on August 1.
- Banking information set up after July 9, will receive a bill in the mail. You will continue to receive paper bills in the mail, until you provide the banking information needed for direct debit, through November 30. All retirees receiving USG Benefits must provide direct debit information between June 26 and November 30, 2017, or risk loss of coverage.
- Beginning August 1, payment will be due on the 1st of every month for the current month of coverage. In addition, the grace period for late payments will be standardized across USG institutions. The new grace period for late payments will be 30 days after the due date. Payments not made before the end of the grace period can result in loss of coverage.
What if I do not pay for USG benefits?
- All Retirees have the USG paid Basic Life Insurance Coverage. Visit the OneUSG Connect Benefits website and register as a new user. The website will provide you with ongoing access to information about USG Benefits and allow you to verify your beneficiaries as well as make changes to beneficiaries. Download this step-by-step guide to establish your account.
During this transition, if you have questions call Shared Services Center at 855-214-2644.
Last updated: 9/26/2017