Resources to help you in your new career with Georgia Southern. Please select the area below for an expanded array of Georgia Southern resources.
Georgia Southern Eagle Card
- OBTAINING YOUR GEORGIA SOUTHERN EAGLE CARD:
Your GS Eagle Card serves as a primary identification card and allows access to campus buildings. You can load money to your Eaglexpress account with this card online or via kiosk. The card also affords faculty/staff EAGLE PERKS – discounts on products and services at participating vendors. You will visit the Eagle Card Services office in Dining Commons to get your Eagle Card on your first day as an employee. For more information on the Eagle Card or Eagle Card Services, please click here.
- EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Georgia Southern University is pleased to offer you a variety of mandatory and optional benefits to supplement your base salary at the University. This summary may not be all inclusive; however, it is a broad overview of our benefits package. More detailed information is available on our website at www.usg.edu/hr/benefits or by contacting the Benefits Office in Human Resources at (912) 478-0854.
- HR PROCEEDURES AND POLICIES:
A comprehensive and concise summary of the Georgia Southern University Policies and Procedures can be found online via the Human Resources Policy & Procedures Page. This link will provide practical information for all Administrative/Professional and Classified employees about the policies that affect everyone.
- EAGLE (EMPLOYEE) PERKS:
Georgia Southern University offers Eagle Perks to all faculty and staff. GS has partnered with a number of businesses and organizations to provide employees with a wide range of discounts and resources. Please check the website for more information!
- EMAIL ACCOUNT:
Three days after the successful completion of the background investigation, faculty and staff email accounts will be created. After this period has passed, you can obtain your account information by clicking the First Time User? link located under the Login area of my.georgiasouthern.edu. There you will receive your username and initial password which gives you access to MyGeorgiaSouthern. Once logged in to MyGeorgiaSouthern, faculty and staff will have access to services such as Email; faculty may have access to additional services such as WINGS and Folio.
- Georgia Southern utilizes the Google Apps platform for the @georgiasouthern.edu email addresses. For more information on how to use Google Apps such as Gmail, Calendar and Hangouts (referred to as “Talk” in this tutorial) can be found here.
- IT HELP
For any IT issues, all faculty and staff members are encouraged to submit a MyTechHelp ticket, a link to which can be found on their MyGeorgiaSouthern dashboard and on every campus computer desktop. These tickets will be routed to the correct department for support. If you can not access MyTechHelp, please check here for your divisions support department.
- ADDITIONAL IT INFORMATION:
From Application Development and Deployment to Vulnerability Management, Georgia Southern’s Information Technology Services are dedicated to providing speedy service to all of campus as easily as possible. To find a list of the type of services and support they provide to faculty, please click here. For staff, please click here.
Parking & Transportation
FACULTY AND STAFF PARKING:
Georgia Southern Faculty and staff parking information can be found here. Please ask your hiring manager where to park on you first day. Further, on you first day you will receive your Eagle Card. After you receive your Eagle Card you ask your hiring manager about obtaining a parking permit.
- THE UNIVERSITY STORE:
Receive a 10% discount every day with your faculty/staff ID. Exclusions apply.
- EAGLE DINING SERVICES:
Operating two large-scale, residential dining facilities as well as several retail dining locations, Eagle Dining Services provides campus with a variety of options for eating on campus. Faculty and staff receive a discount at all Eagle Dining facilities when paying with Eaglexpress.
- HEALTH SERVICES PHARMACY
The Health Services Pharmacy honors Georgia Southern prescription benefits and offers a complimentary, on-campus delivery services for faculty/staff, their spouses and dependents. Transfer your prescription to the pharmacy, and get a $5 credit toward your purchase of over-the-counter medications and medical supplies.
- CONFERENCE SERVICES
If you are a part of an organization that puts on camps, conferences or meetings during the summer months, Conference Services can provide comprehensive event coordination including facility selection, dining and housing!
- Holiday Calendar
- Places to eat on campus
- Interactive map of campus
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)◦USG TAP Polices
- Performing Arts Center (PAC): The PAC’s mission is to “present diverse, quality cultural experiences to the Georgia Southern University and regional communities through the performing arts.” They achieve this by presenting several performances a year from outside theater troupes to local groups to Georgia Southern students and faculty. And faculty and staff get a discount on tickets! Check out their website for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Athletics: Throughout the year, Georgia Southern Athletics sponsor a Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day. At these events they have discounted ticket prices and/or discounted concessions for an athletic event for all faculty and staff members. Keep an eye out for these throughout the year!
Last updated: 3/6/2017