Representatives & Committees
Staff Council Executive Committee 2019-2020
Staff Council Representatives 2019-2020
Staff Council Committees
In addition to the executive committee, there are five standing committees established in the Staff Council by-laws. Every Staff Council representative must participate on at least two of these committees. Ad hoc committees are created by the Council as the need arises. Any staff member may participate as a non-voting member of a committee.
- By-Laws Committee – This committee writes and submits any amendments and/or revisions of the by-laws to the Staff Council.
- Communications Committee – This committee is responsible for the Staff Council website and communication as needed to Staff Council representatives and staff members across the university on behalf of Staff Council.
- Staff Development Committee – This committee promotes training and advancement programs and opportunities for personal and professional development of the staff. In addition, this committee may survey staff and make recommendations to upper administration to increase awareness of staff concerns, needs, and attitudes.
- Fundraising and Scholarship Committee – This committee supports staff employees and their dependent children by allocating financial support raised by the committee for use in higher education. The Committee publicizes the Staff Council scholarships, including the Shelley Merrick Textbook Scholarship, receives and evaluates applications based on financial need and academic performance, and makes awards based upon availability of funds.
- Staff Outreach and Special Events Committee – This committee works to build morale and enhance staff interaction with our three campus communities through special events and outreach projects.
Last updated: 10/29/2019