Staff Council Scholarships
Due to changes in TAP policy, we are unable to award the textbook scholarship at this time. Please feel free to reach out with questions at email@example.com.
Staff Council Scholarships have been established to assist current Georgia Southern University staff employees. Scholarships are available to current Georgia Southern University staff members (employed full time) who are enrolled and seeking a degree from a University System of Georgia institution. Applications are solicited annually.
Shelley Merrick Staff Textbook Scholarship
The Shelley Merrick Staff Textbook Scholarship was established in honor of former staff member Shelley Merrick. The scholarship is funded by tax-deductible contributions to the Staff Council Foundation Shelley Merrick Staff Textbook Scholarship Fund and by special events/fundraisers sponsored by the Staff Council. Completed applications must be submitted via the MyHelp HR ticketing system by the TAP deadline each semester.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a full-time benefited staff member at Georgia Southern University and eligible for TAP
- Must be approved for TAP with any school in the USG System
- Enrollment verification will be performed on the selected applicants after the add/drop period to ensure they are enrolled.
- If selected, the recipient will be asked to submit receipts and a copy of the syllabus or listing of required textbooks as provided by the professor to verify textbook purchase or rental.
- Textbook scholarship dollars will be applied to the student’s account.
- The Staff Council will determine the total amount available and the total number of awards each semester.
- If there are more applicants than available awards then the following selection criteria will be followed in order:
- Students who have not received a staff textbook scholarship in the current or previous academic year
- First degree: Preference will be given to:
- students seeking their first undergraduate degree followed by
- students seeking their first graduate degree
- The Employee’s years of service at Georgia Southern with preference given to those with more years of service
- A random drawing will be held if there are still multiple applicants eligible
Questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 1/14/2022