Georgia Southern University is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability in its recruitment and hiring practices. The University has established procedures which standardize the recruitment and hiring process thus confirming the University’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Hiring managers are expected to comply with the recruitment and hiring policies and procedures.
Georgia Southern is committed to affirmative action/equal opportunity in recruitment and retention of its employees. Please view the complete Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
Please see full policy on practices and procedures for hiring benefited staff at Recruiting and Hiring Benefited Staff Policy.
Hiring Team Toolkit
Hiring Manager Checklist for Staff and Temporary Recruitment
Hiring Manager Checklist for Student Recruitment
Submitting the Job Opening Request Form
Reviewing and Approving a Job Opening
Best Practices for Hiring Managers
Canned Responses for Hiring Managers
University-Sponsored Sites for Staff Advertising
Once a position is published on our Careers site, the position will be listed on our Facebook and Instagram pages for Staff positions.
Below is a list of University-sponsored outlets that the position will automatically be posted to:
- InsideHigherEd.com – Diversity & Executive Boosts Available!
- TheChronicle.com – Diversity & Executive Boosts Available!
- HigherEdJobs.com – Premium Posting Upgrades Available!
- AsiansInHigherEd.com – 60-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
- BlacksInHigherEd.com – 60-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
- DisabledInHigherEd.com – 60-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
- HispanicsinHigherEd.com – 60-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
- LatinosinHigherEd.com – Premium Posting Upgrades Available!
- LGBTinHigherEd.com – 60-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
- NativeAmericansinHigherEd.com – 60-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
- VeteransinHigherEd.com – 30-Day Premium Posting Upgrade Available @ $299!
If you do not see a venue listed that you wish to advertise, please speak with your Recruiter so that we can obtain a quote via our vendor, JobElephant. Advertising in local newspapers may be requested. The cost varies based on the number of positions listed that week and is billed to the department via their speed chart number.
Last updated: 5/15/2023